How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxVince Your Own Question
TaxVince, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 965
Experience:  Chartered Accountant >20 years + Qualified IFA
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
TaxVince is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am Landlord and I want to make sure my tenant paid all

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am Landlord and I want to make sure my tenant paid all her rent money correctly. I just need to make sure.

MamaTax :

Hi Its MamaTax Here!

MamaTax :

Thanks for the question.

MamaTax :

Could you please clarify your question.

MamaTax :


MamaTax :

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Other question does all business have to pay VAT?

Thanks Anna. Not all business have to pay VAT. It depends with the services or goods you buy or sell. However the majority of businesses do. You can post a separate question with more details about your business and areas of your concern. Could you please rate this question before you post the next question as a new question. Thanks
TaxVince and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So business don't after to pay VAT on PVC front door cost £850?

Normally one should pay VAT on such purchases. Unless its an individual or a business bulding a residential house for the first time or one is charged a reduced rae of 5% if the purchase relates to renovations of residential properties empty for at least two years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This business has been there for 10 year and they do PVC windows, door. Shouldn't they pay VAT? The Guy who sold me the door he said he is not VAT.

If you bought a door from a business and you were not charged VAT, there are a number of reasons why the business could not have charged VAT. If a business has sales of less than £79,000 per year they are not required to charge VAT. That could be the reason.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so he is not break the law?

not if he below the VAT threshold.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a landord and the rent was 1000.00 pound and -I filed the tax form but They did not charge me anything.

Please call HMRC on this number 0300 200 3300 with your NI details and personal ready for them to verify you and they will check this for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should they charge me?

Yes you should pay tax for any income earned above personal allowances- currently £9,440 for most people.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my tenant caused so much damaged to my property and the cost is over 1000.00 pounds I have took some other damaged out of her deposit money but it not enough. If tenant don't pay for other damaged can I claim in capital lost?

Thanks Anna. I cant comment on the legal matters. Im sorry im travelling and wont be able to continue the discussion as i will not havce full access to internet. If you have new questions you should post them on the question to allow other experts to comment who will be available.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you.


Related UK Tax Questions