How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13942
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When doing the final accounts for a ltd company that has been

This answer was rated:

When doing the final accounts for a ltd company that has been wound up, do you need to send a copy to Companies House as well as HMRC?




Yes you do, and then when all matters are settled, you can ask for Companies house to close the limited company.



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A DS01 has been sent to Companies House asking to close the comapany already. This has happened part way through the year so its only a few months trading.



Then you will need to get in touch with Companies house, to activate the position of being able to submit the final accounts, as these should all have been undertaken prior to the submission of the DS01






Sam and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you