UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I have a ground floor flat that was flooded by the first…

Customer Question
I have a ground...

I have a ground floor flat that was flooded by the first floor flat which has been empty since October and had no heat on and the water mains was left on. My floors have been destroyed and now mold is growing due to property management has been slow to respond. What can I do. This happened on 3 of March

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have been working with the property management but it’s been slow process as they have handed it to their insurance who has handed it so a assessment team. They looked at the damage on the 9th and that was it. I have since told them about my flat now being covered in mold and that I have no central heat

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the flat located?

Slough, uk.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

With the property management I have been in a disagreement with them about my floors as I’m on a ground floor and have bamboo floors. They state I’m not allowed hardwood floors but my lease which was written in 1981 only says that if I don’t have carpets my flooring can’t make noise. My floors didn’t make noises, it didn’t squeak and I had extra thick underlay.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 3 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hello, do you have a quote for the repairs? If so you can threaten court proceedings and you can issue online now - it’s a simple process but you’d need to have a figure which represents the cost of repairs. You can give the management company 14 days to pay and if they fail to do you’d then be free to commence a legal action.Please let me know and I’ll then guide you through the process.
Hello can I assist? If not I will
Opt out but please let me know
J
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.