UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I was sr I was searching to see if I could find any info on…

Customer Question
Hi, I was sr...

Hi, I was sr Hi I was searching to see if I could find any info on how much to reduce a tenancy rent by as the owner is having extensive works completed externally so they have lost their parking and communal garden for around 12 weeks.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We've spoken to them and advised, the works have actually started.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Milton Keynes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Solicitor: Wendy, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Hi Wendy, if possible to put out for a few more days and if no response I'll search elsewhere.Many thanks.
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What % of the property is affected?

Hi Jamie, externally just a parking space and communal lawn.

Ok - so out of the whole property, including parking.

That % I need?

Well I don't know, how would I calculate it, by sq metre?

ok. It doesn’t have to be exact. It if it say was 10% then you could get that portion refunded.

Therefore if you have an idea, then that is what it can be deducted for.

But that is a guide. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thanks Jamie, I wondered if there was any legality to it, any prescribed notice that had to be given that works are being scheduled/carried out under an AST tenancy?

No. There is no prescribed notice.

Does that clarify?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.