UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I am a leaseholder and installed a new boiler replacing old…

I am a leaseholder and...
I am a leaseholder and installed a new boiler replacing old gas fire with an electric fire and putting a new combi boiler in the kitchen and removing the large water tank in the storage cupboard - the contractor i used did not suggest i contact wandsworth council for permission - is this a problem ?
1/6/2018
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

Technically yes as a boiler can be regarded as a fixture in the property.

However, a new boiler is an improvement and adds value so the council will not be concerned about the change.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Ok so you dont still there will be a problem ringing up the council to tell them what i have done ?I am selling my flat and have told the buyer the changes made and their solicitor is asking for the proof i got consent from wandsworth council - what is my best approach or how should i proceed?

I do not see a problem with telling the council now. Telephone them first to ask who you should contact so the information goes to the right section straight away.

I would give details of the model of the boiler installed, details of who installed it so they know it has been done properly and invite them to view it if they wish.

That way hopefully the matter will be resolved quickly.

Michael

Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Thank you.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.