UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I own a studio flat and looking to sell, Ive renewed the…

Customer Question
Hi I own a...

Hi I own a studio flat and looking to sell, Ive renewed the lease after a painful and costly
dragged out court process.I have the property on the market and the freeholder has made a low offer for various reasons it has become
obvious that he intends to obstruct any sale that I may make to third parties by claiming I owe him rent / maintenance
etc. which is not the case as I have paid in advance to April. So he can get the flat for a steal.How can I legally resolve this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Wales UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I dont have any more money to pay solicitors etc. any action taken would need to be done by myself

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

How long will this take?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
Answered in 1 day by:
1/3/2018
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Hello for clarification have you had other offers?

Its just gone on the market yesterday after waiting 14 months to go through the court to renew the lease- so no offers yet only off this crook of a freeholder who has just cost me £14k in paying all court costs his costs etc. to renew the lease
payments of rent and maintenance were made through my solicitor to his solicitor paid in advance, his solicitor is ignoring repeated requests to simply write us an email to confirm payment has been made...after dealing with this guy I can only presume under his instruction with the intention of scuppering any other offers I receive...this may sound paranoid bit if you had been through everything I had for the last 14 months you would understand!
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.