UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Our builders have issued a court order and we need legal…

Customer Question
Our builders have issued...

Our builders have issued a court order and we need legal advice or solicitor to represent ourselves

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Bedfordshire UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

We have been having a discussion with their solitcotrs they claim 12K is owing which is an over estimate - some of the work the builders carried out is not a reasonable standard

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No we have all the information and correspondence - just need to know what are the chances of success

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
12/28/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Builder is claiming we owe 12K - some of the work was carried out without informing ourselves of the price beforehand. However some of the work was not carried out to satisfactory standard and needs to be done again and repaired. The amount owing is 6.5K. Thus does not take into account that it will cost about 3-4K to rectify the work. A court order has been issued
With the last email i sent correspondence which details the situation -did you receive them ?

Did you not get a claim form and file a defence?

I only have the question thread you provided here.

Your website is not responding and not letting me upload files - can you provide email address where i can send to

How many are there?***@******.***

It takes a day or two for them to be forwarded

I will email them now - I have to admit this service is not what i expected

Ok. I am not sure what you were expecting?

I would have expected some advice rather than having to tap away at computer - realise you did not have all information but website upload function has failed yesterday when trying to send and now when trying to upload and send - I have emailed the information to you so I would hope for some advice rather than further web chats. Please digest the information sent and then let me know your response

Indeed. Please bear in mind you have paid around £25 for the service, so it is far cheaper than the £150 an hour for a Solicitor.

The process is online based, hence the material which says speak to a Solicitor online.

But I will pleased to read the documents, once they have been forwarded to me

I have the 11 multi page documents. But there are no court pleadings or orders attached?

I have emailed them to email address previously provided as I am unable to upload via this website - look froward to your reply

Sure.