UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My Daughter's Stepfather had a property company managed by…

Customer Question
My Daughter's Stepfather had a...
My Daughter's Stepfather had a property company managed by his son. 3/4 years ago the son sued his father for 1 million pounds that he said he was owed. A long court ensued which incredibly was won by the son. My Daughter, being qualified acted as Forensic Accountant in order to save the stepfather money. She spent 2500 hours on the task and he agreed to pay far less than the normal rate, £ 46,000. The son has now made his father bankrupt and the Solicitors involved are asking for this money to be returned as they suggesting that is was a gift or something. The work was carried , there is of course proof . How can this be legal?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
frantzgregory

Well it appears the solicitors are suspecting the money was transferred to your daughter to circumvent the law. Your daughter needs to provide evidence of this work and all necessary supporting documents to show this work was carried out professionally. When was this money recieved before bankcrupcy? and was work done in the course of your daughters business?

She has all the relvant papers and she is qualified to do the work

She should challenge the solicitor asking for this money if your daughter has all the relevant documentation

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.