UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I have converted my loft recently. I have put in a staircase…

I have converted my loft...
I have converted my loft recently. I have put in a staircase tooI believe all the work I have carried out would meet building regulations however I have not been in touch with anyone to show the work at the beginning middle or end because I didn’t think I needed to.Having said that there is still some that needs to be completed. Should I get in touch with them?
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

It will be difficult to sell the property if you do not have building regulation sign off for the works and they may enforce.

Better to contact them now and explain - that way they will be able to see the works before they finish. They do not expect to watch

all elements of the build but if they are not invited then that is another matter.

Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Ok thanks