UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

UK landlord law What can a landlord do if the tenant does…

UK landlord lawWhat can a...
UK landlord lawWhat can a landlord do if the tenant does not pay rent ? and the landlord is not in the UK to deal with it ?Can lawyers/estate agents deal with it?Many thanks
12/2/2017
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

Yes it is possible for lawyers/ Estate agent to deal with the matter.

Thank you NickWhat exactly needs to be done ?
And what are the costs for the landlord ?Many thanks .

Hello

You first need to serve notice on the tenants that then gives them 2 months before you can take them to court to recover the property.

Normally this will be done by solicitor's letter or agent and will also note that charges will be made and deposit withheld.

What is the name of the notice for not receiving rent ?

Hello again

The notice is called a Section 21 notice.

Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Many thanks
Nick H
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor