UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My neighbour wants to come onto my property to do some

maintainence to the flank wall...
my neighbour wants to come onto my property to do some maintainence to the flank wall and roof of the extension he has recently built on our shared boundary. I dont want him on my property unsupervised. Can I arrange supervision of him or his contractors to be paid by him. Or if I stand there myself while things go on can I get paid for my time?
11/25/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

No you cant.

The law says that you must allow him access under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992.

However the law does not say you are entitled to charge, either by contractor or you for supervision.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

No apology needed. You have given me the facts and knowledge is power even if u dont like it. This neighbour has a cctv that is directly pointed into my garden. It records everything. He can see me in my kitchen when I am making tea or cooking or something else . I can even see the lense of that camera from the boundary of my other neighbours on the other side. I would estimate the he can only see 2% of his own property on this camera. The other 98% is on me. There should be a law against this but there isnt.

Indeed. You can complain to your local Council as they may have guidance for this.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Many thanks . I will give u top marks. By By