UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I want to change the ownership proportion in our UK property…

Hello, I want to change the...
I want to change the ownership proportion in our UK property Deed of Trust. All parties agree to the change. What is the best (common) way to do this? Do you revoke the existing Deed of Trust and create a new one with the new proportions? or should I create a document that amends the existing Deed of Trust. Does it matter?
11/13/2017
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

The easiest way is a new Deed which is expressed as replacing the earlier one

Please ask if you need further details

Thank you, ***** ***** answered the question. The only I thing I need is the sentence that revokes the previous deed. If you are able to provide that I will be grateful with a generous tip.

A simple wording such as " This Deed replaces the Declaration of Trust made between the parties dated xxx which is herby revoked"

Clare
Clare, Solicitor