UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My house is split into 4 flats. I have got planning

Hi. My house is split...
Hi. My house is split into 4 flats. I have got planning permission to split into 4 decision notices attached. I need to know if I need to get building regs certification / approval before I legslly split refinance on 4 titles (ltd co ownership plus four leaseholds) or can i do it now and get buildjng regs retrospectively . Thank you
Hi. My house is split into 4 flats. I have got planning permission to split into 4 titles / flats , decision notices attached. I need to know if I need to get building regs certification / approval before I legally split and refinance on 4 titles (ltd co ownership plus four leaseholds) or can i do it now and get building regs approval retrospectively . Thank you
Answered in 1 day by:
10/20/2017
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate

Really you should get building regs approval prior to any work which you want to carry out to the property in the circumstances you describe.

Conversions of properties require approval under the Building Regulations.

You may need to consult the Fire Service regarding issues relating to fire escapes.

In addition the Housing Act 2004 requires that sub-divided buildings meet standards and houses in multiple occupation are licensed. As such I would suggest that you contact the planning department at your local council who can assist you with this process. I hope that this helps and please rate positive.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate