UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Can I pay off my daughters mortgage. I am able to give her…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Can I pay...
Second opinion] Can I pay off my daughters mortgage. I am able to give her £50000 for this purpose. I am 72.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
Solicitor: Nick H, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

Yes you can.

If you die within 7 years there of the gift there are tax implications otherwise not.

Thank you I am more than satisfied with such an uncomplicated straight forward answer, I asked my own solicitor who said she coulldnt advise me as she only deals with wills!!!! So thank you. This has been so helpful.

Hello again no problem

Your rating would be much appreciated

Thank you

I hadnt intended to ask for a second opinion as I was satisfied with the first answer. I think the wording or how to end my communication confused me. I am happy with the responses. Thank you.
No more communication. I have cancelled my membership. Thank you,
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.