How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like some help on placing a restriction on a

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I would like some help on placing a restriction on a property. the property in question was our matrimonial home, I am not divorced yet. The property was being built and it my husband sold the property to we believe a friend of his at a reduced price, the property has been almost finished and in the process of being marketed and sold again at a higher price. the common belief in the area is that my husband is in cohoots with the current owner and the uplift will go to my husband. What can I do please ?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: its in Scotland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so !
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Frantz Iwu replied 1 month ago.

W​hen you say was your matrimonial home, did you live in this property as your matrimonial home? So your husband no longer has title to this property as it was sold to his friend? Please clarify.

Expert:  Frantz Iwu replied 29 days ago.

Do you still need support?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Its specifically relating to Scottish Laws, is this a field of your expertise ?
Expert:  Frantz Iwu replied 24 days ago.

If you wouldn't provide further clarification then you probably do not need support. It is irrelevant at this stage whether it is UK law or Scottish law. Further clarification is required.