UK Property Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

F E Smith
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
Do I have to allow neighbour to join his extension to mine
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
Do I have to allow neighbour to join his extension to mine with roof/wall flashing? We are both end-of-terrace… read more
I live in a terraced house and have a problem with a
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor
Hi there, I live in a terraced house and have a problem with a neighbour's leaky chimney. The chimney does not straddle the properties - we have our own chimney on the opposite side. The leak appears … read more
My husband and I own a flat within a housing association building.
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
My husband and I own a flat within a housing association building. We pay maintenance every month for the general upkeep of the building and surrounding area. Last June (2012) our flat got flooded wit… read more
The house next door is on the corner plot of our garden. I
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
I need advice from a lawyer (not an electrician). The house next door is on the corner plot of our garden. I wall is attached to our house and the other faces our back garden but has no windows. We ha… read more
Hello, My property, a mews house in London, is built right
wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Partner
Hello, My property, a mews house in London, is built right up to the boundary of my land. The rear exterior wall effectively acts as a one surface enclosing the garden of the main house, to which it h… read more
Is it legal for a neighbour to erect a structure near or attached
wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Partner
Is it legal for a neighbour to erect a structure near or attached to the wall of the detached house next door.… read more
Our external wall runs alongside our neighbours driveway which
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Our external wall runs alongside our neighbours driveway which is partially inaccessible by us as he has a gate about a quarter of the way down. Is he allowed to drill into it to hang baskets. He has … read more
For JOMO 1972. We have an end of terraced house. The new owner
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
For JOMO 1972. We have an end of terraced house. The new owner of the detached house next door has employed builders who, we discovered on returning home today, have fixed a fence post by drilling int… read more
This could be a party wall issue although we are hoping to
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Bachelor's Degree
This could be a party wall issue although we are hoping to resolve this amicably without needing to invoke the Party Wall Act. The situation is that I have a house where the upstairs bathroom was buil… read more
Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing on behalf of my 76 year old next
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing on behalf of my 76 year old next door neighbour. She has an issue with her next-door neighbour's landlord over rising damp issue. To cut a long story short, Mrs X is widow… read more
We rent in London, a cabinet in the kitchen has fallen off
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor
We rent in London, a cabinet in the kitchen has fallen off the wall destroying £520 of our property, the wall is damp and caused the cabinet to fall of the wall-our landlord has gotten a surveyor in a… read more
Hi, I currently rent a flat in London on the 1st floor of
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Hi, I currently rent a flat in London on the 1st floor of a 4 floor complex. Around 4 months ago we encountered a small amount of damp on the ceiling of the flat in the bathroom. We initially contacte… read more
Myself and my partner own a flat in London that is Managed
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
Myself and my partner own a flat in London that is Managed by a Property Management Company (LRM). We were in the flat less that a year when we noticed damp inside the external walls of the flat (mais… read more
I live in a linked detached house - my house, then my neighbours
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor
I live in a linked detached house - my house, then my neighbours garage roof is attached to the wall of my house, then their house. Who owns the adjoining wall? Me or my neighbour?… read more
I have had a damp wall in my house for the last 8 years (since
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor
I have had a damp wall in my house for the last 8 years (since buying the house) I renovated the house and the kitchen was the last place to be done, I put a conservatory up using the old walls. But t… read more
We are owners and landlords of a terraced house,it has been
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
We are owners and landlords of a terraced house,it has been renovated to include a new roof and damp proof course.It was let out with no problems until the factory adjacent was demolished. We now have… read more
Living in a flat in a house containing 3 flats, my flat has
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
Living in a flat in a house of 3 leasehold flats, my first floor flat has a damp problem which is in the process of being repaired with direct financial cooperation from all the tenants. Since strippi… read more
My freeholder (property developer) in the ground floor extended
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
My freeholder (property developer) in the ground floor extended in Oct 2008 his flat into the garden by supporting our FF wall by large steel beams. Cracks appeared on our wall during his building wor… read more