UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Our neighbour has painted one wall of or house and drilled…

Customer Question
Our neighbour has painted...

Our neighbour has painted one wall of or house and drilled into it to fix lights and also fixed security camera to front of house. This wall is not a party wall, but is 'enclosed' as he has attached a door to both our properties, providing access to our flat. I had previously told him we could not allow any drilling etc into our wall as we had serious damp problems. We are no longer on good terms as he provided us with a false invoice re repairing our joint party wall. Is this illegal under Criminal Damages Act?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oh ! I'm in London UK.. are u US site

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, but when I went out jst now to inspect the 'damage' (gap) round security camera he fixed to our house he shoted and swore at me telling me to get off his land (he only has a flat).. so I want to write an email warning him about this unacceptable behaviour (which I can do under Public Order Act 92 I believe. And at same time tell him we are entitled to remove his fittings if we choose... under which Act please... is it Criminal Damage? We told him not to before he did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What does this cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Property Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

But if you are in US the laws will be different. Also what do you mean by 'the rest'

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Property Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Hello - are you the home owner? are these privately owned or rented?

I want to know exactly which laws cover his behaviour please.
1) sending an invoice from a company he WAS NOT USING including VAT to foor our share of repair to a garden party wall.
Is this fraud and what act covers it?
2) painting and drilling into one side of our house having been told not to because we had problems with damp etc.
Is this Criminal Damage?
3) shouting abusive and threatening language at me when I went to inspect the lamp and security camera he had attached to our house.
4) What are my rights of remedy (eg making him take down fittings and repair damage. (and remove paint!)
This is a matter of principle I need to establish. Until the fraudulent invoice we were on good terms.
Than
I have share of freehold. We have four flats in our house. His house has 8 flats and I imagine they have SOFreehold too.
I want to put an end to his abusive threats and send an email outlining his 'legal' breaches and our remedies. I do not expect to have to enforce them and would like to get on reasonable or at least civil terms again. However, today he shouted at me: "Beware, you don't know who the f.... you're dealing with. Get the f... away..etc. Unacceptable
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
F E Smith
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor