Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Next door has taken down their chimney breast on party wall

Customer Question

next door has taken down their chimney breast on party wall with out no notice to myself. And continuing to take down another chimney breast on party wall at front of house. what do I need to do ? to protect my house
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify have they left half of the chimney (your remaining half) exposed as a consequence of their works or have they removed the whole thing? If the latter, is / was any part of the chimney breast on your side of the dividing wall/roof?