Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have 4 individuals named on STA which started 18th Dec

Customer Question

I have 4 individuals named on STA which started 18th Dec 2016. It is a twelve-month contract with no break clause. This is a three-bed property under council selective licence which states maximum occupants are 6. Two different workmen to the property reckon there are about 15 people that live at the property. I visited and convinced there are no less than ten, however tenant tells me they are 7, that others visitors come and go but won't confirm more than that. STA does forbid pets but they have a dog at the property. If council finds there are more than 6, I'll be in trouble. What are my options?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

So they are in breach of the tenancy?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have painted the scenario. You are the expert and I was expecting that you would tell me what my options are. I can only assume that having seven people live on a property with four named individuals is a breach. Is that enough breach to serve quit notice, considering it is a twelve-month contract?

But what does the AGREEMENT say?
Does it say they can have more people?
Does it say they cant have anyone stay?