How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The flue from my boiler installed about 16 years ago goes

Customer Question

The flue from my boiler installed about 16 years ago goes into my neighbours property at a ehight of about 1.5 m. There's no easy way to move it as this would be a problem with any wall. Can I extend the flue vertically towards the roof albeit it still within his boundary and be compliant
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK. I guess you're US, so may not be able to help
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No...but upgrading the property and plumber says I must move the boiler/get new one to be compliant...but it works perfectly well and would rather avoid the expense if possible
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

Did you have consent to put the original flue in? Is the neighbour likely to agree to what you are now asking?