Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Only for jo c. The landlird never lived in the house but he

Customer Question

Only for jo c. The landlird never lived in the house but he wanted evict us fsr because he did not wantvpay licence for hmo. Niw landlord say he gave us verbal notice of one month snd thst is valid BECAUSE HE IS LUVING IN THE HOUSE LONG AGO.how can he demistrate or how can we ask him to demostrate he was or not livinf in the house,in case we go to court for unlawful eviction
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

If that is what he is saying then he is wrong.

You are entitled to proper notice and he cannot just change the locks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks but mycquestion is how can demostrate he is not living in the house. Because all roons were occupied but people left the house i cant contact them to demostrate all rooms were occupied. Then what can we do to show if i go to court he wasnt living in the house?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I dont thinkbit is so easy just he say i lived un the house since june 2016 when he was nor living. He lived with hiscwufe and one child in***** Hillingdom at 15 minutes of the house he was renting to 4 different people, ine room with a famult in it. Motger father and son and coyncil asked him for licence of hmo then he decided put us all out of the house and rent only to a family the full house. Everyone left voluntary but i did notn then he and hiscwufe a couple of days from 27 september to 7 october use to go to the house to do noises and dont alliw me sleep and callung poluce and making fake allegations saying he live incthe house and u live unkawdully.remember mycwuestuon us inly how can u demostrate he did not live in tge house orcwhat to do
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
sorry from mobile I wrote many mistakes, what i aid, is . I dont think is so easy just he say he is living in the house, in the shared house he is renting, while he is really living in***** in hillingdon, while the shared house where I live is in***** Hayes, just 15 minutes from each other. He said us we have to leave the house in one month, everybody left voluntary but I had my knee broken difficult to find a place, I can´t drive or walk, then I went to spain, 3 days after he said we have to leave, and I came back the 27 september, and the 7 October he changed the lock. Then the QUESTION IS, WHAT CAN I DO IF I GO TO COURT TO DEMOSTRATE HE WAS LIVING IN*****AND NOT IN OUR HOUSE IN 267 KINGSHILL AVENUE_?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

It doesn't matter really.

he wasn't there at the time.

Even if he was you are entitled to written notice.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Am i entitled to write notice? I am the tenant. Read again the question please
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am not asking you about notice. I am asking HOW CAN I DEMOSTRATE OR WHAT TO DO TO SHIW LANDLORD WAS NOT LIVING IN THE HOUSE. BECAUSE HE IS SAYING HE WAS LIVING IN THE HOUSE TO EVICT ME with just a verbal notice of a man. Please answer properly. Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. Since you are displeased I will not be able to continue. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am not displeased just look like you answer different that i ask.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You was saying me i have to give them notice. I AM THE TENANT EVICTED
What notice i have to give them? You said even if they are not living there i jave to give notice. It doesnt have sense. The landlord say he live un the house to evict me easier and you answer i have to give notice. Then you get upset because I say you it look like you dont get the idea.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi JO , May you please explain this answer you gave me . I am the tenant asking how much time I have to collect my belongings and what to do, or for injuction or whatever and you said, because I said the landlord is using the strategy that he live in the house but he doesnt live. YOU SAID 22 October 2016 12:19
Jo C. Jo C.
It doesn't matter really.he wasn't there at the time.Even if he was you are entitled to written notice.may you explain me that answer ? just reconize you lost the way. it is human!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Sorry, not prepared to continue as you are displeased. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You coul explain those nonses to me about notice to landlord when i am asking for times ro temove my stuff and injuctions...