How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with a tree which is in a driveway

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with a tree which is in a driveway belonging to the Crown. My local Council (RBWM) placed a TPO on the tree. A couple of months ago, a massive branch fell and now we cannot access our garage (it affects 4 families). The problem is tah neither RBWM or the Crown want to take responsibility for prunning or removing the tree. What can I do? Thanks!
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I contacted the Crown, but they disclaim responsibility. I asked my Council to remove it or make it safe, but they are doing nothing. The ideal outcome would be removing the tree, not only for safety reasons, but also because now we have subsience problems, movement in some garages and blocked drains
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO. Thank you,
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you

Do the Council say they have responsibility for the tree?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jamie,
Thank you for your offer. The problem is that my neighbours do not want to contribute to any expenses. For that reason I have contacted Customer Care in order to cancel my order and account with Just Answer. Kind regards, ***** *****