How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33037
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: which boundary

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: which boundary wall am I responsible for?
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Facing my front door, am I responsible for the wall on my let or on my right
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Apparently; according to the other property landlord police are looking into how the deviding wall collapsed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

In law there is no specific left or right boundary wall which an owner is responsible. What you need to do is get a copy of your deeds (from the land registry) which will usually determine which wall is yours and which is your neighbours. The other option is to see whether your sellers (when you bought the property) advised your conveyancing solicitor who owned which wall. This is very common and usually included within the sellers property information form. Happy to discuss further and please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time today.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything else needs clarification.