How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11153
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my partner have decided to get separate homes but

Customer Question

Hi me and my partner have decided to get separate homes but mostly still live with each other (in UK Scotland) can I pay for my home and she pay for her home at the same time while we still claim working tax together or should we claim separately? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you're living together you have to claim together even if you maintain separate homes. If you live apart you claim separately. You have to decide if you are cohabiting or not.

Related UK Property Law Questions