How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is selling our house, we are not on good terms. The house

Customer Question

My ex is selling our house, we are not on good terms. The house is now in profit - I want to sell too. He's asked me to consent to the sale via solicitor, but before I consent how can I know he has to pay me half of the profit, as is my right? I am worried he's going to try and swindle me... I can't afford legal advice. Here's hoping someone can help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you you of your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details firstWhich part of the Uk are you in?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?