How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl. I am currently selling a house that has title deeds

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I am currently selling a house that has title deeds missing a small area off our garden. We bought the property as did all previous owners with this discrepancy. The area concerned is enclosed within our garden surrounded by a wall 15 feet tall. This has been for hundreds of years. Despite this we have just signed stat declaration to state our ownership of over twelve years on this area of our garden. The area is classed as no mans land I've not registered and never has been to anybody else.
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: So we have now applied to land registry as people buying want this sorted prior to exchange. Is there any way I cv
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Sorry! ... Can speed process up with land registry? I have been informed by my solicitor it could take anything between six weeks and six months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.I'm afraid there is little you can do to speed up the process. Your Solicitor can speak to the Land Registry and express the urgency, if he hasn't done already, but it is a case of waiting on the Land Registry. However, the application does appear to be clear cut and there shouldn't be any reason for the Land Registry to query the application if the land has comprised part of the garden for many many years. The Land Registry will still need to send their Surveyor out to view the land, but in my recent experience of such applications, I would hope it would be completed within 4-6 weeks time.All you can do in the meantime is to gently remind your Solicitor to chase the Land Registry if you don't have any news after say 3 weeks after the application was made.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Can I assist you any further?If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Best WishesAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Can I assist you any further?Kind RegardsAl