How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This I imagine is an unusual question, I bought a riverside

Customer Question

This I imagine is an unusual question, I bought a riverside property, that had been registered with the land registry, after adverse possession being granted to the previous owners. If Riparian rights are relevant, would that come with the original purchase of the property in 1975 or with the granting of adverse possession. My deeds do not say anything about them, but understand that these rights are not normally mentioned. Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Can you better explain the situation. Who purchased the property in 1975? Who got adverse possession and when? And of what land(s)? Were there different pieces of land involved? Which piece of land adjoined the river?