How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Helo Pearl JA: What seems to be the problem? Customer:

Customer Question

Helo Pearl
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I've purhcased a distressed property. the subject of a repossession by building society - purpose built leasehold. Prior to sale the vendor's solicitors stated they had been unable ot contact the freeholder and proepsed proceeding, classifying him as an 'Absentee landlord'. At that time my solicitor sent em a copy of the then existing lease sent by the vendor but asked that I inspect it quickly and return to them.
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Property Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I found the freeholders details from Land Registry and phoned him. He promised he woudl reoply to soliciitrs but never ever did. Meanwhile my soliciotr requried I return the copy lease to him, whic I did. Now he is failing to reopy to my requests for him to send it back to me. And the freeholder has failed to respond or prgress any arrrangements to provide me with a lease. The existing has 59 years to run and I ddin't want ot extend immediately. Now I ahve no documents other than registered title at Land Registry. But I've had to carry out extensive renovations to render the premises habitable, install gas suppy, central heating and triple glaze window. These works were necessary to comply with a Statutory Notice issued by the local authority served on the previous leaseholder (also since 'disappeared'), who had been renting to tenants. I was unaware of the Notice at the time of purchase but was aware of the defects which were apparent then. I informed freeholder of my intent at the time of our phone conversation but am now seeking to regularise my situtaion. there exist are further structural deficiencies requring the landlord's action. Mine is one of two flats, side by side, owned freehold by the same landlord suffering from damp ingress and frost damage to lintels.
JA: OK. The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What exactly do you want to know about this? Thanks

Related UK Property Law Questions