How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother and my brother bought a council house in 1978. it

Customer Question

my mother and my brother bought a council house in 1978 . it was agreed that as my mother had a 20per cent discount as she had lived in the house for thirty years she would use that as her share of the purchase. in recent years relations between both my mother and myself with my brother have deteriated. in the last three years he has done all he could to get mother out of the house. to the point of having social services visit to assess her mental and physical ability to stay in the property.during this time i was staying nights to assist mother if she needed help. during the day she had visits from carers paid for by mother. my mother died last year aged 102. she changed her will a year or so before her death from joint tenancy to tenants in common. she left all contents to me and also her 20per cent of the property. since mothers death he has taken oil painting from the walls, taken oak furniture to auction sales, i had to buy them back, taken royal worcester pottery and many other items left to me. the problem we are having at present is my brother or his solicitor will not answer solicitors letters or phone calls. my mothers solicitor in executor to the will and all of mothers money has now gone on fees trying to reason with someone who will not respond. my brother has said he will bankrupt me before he gives up any money from the sale of the house. i cannot afford an even longer drawn out battle. mothers solicitor has had a A restriction put on the house. what does this mean and can he sell the house without my consent? the house is now on the market. regards ***** ***** Knowles c/o email ***@******.***
JA: OK. The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Property Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Hi, not at this time. there is lots more he has done to upset my mother over her later years and things he has done but I would go on for to long. thanks Jenny Knowles
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Can you let me have the exact wording of the restriction please?