How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who wishes to dispose of two properties one

Customer Question

I have a client who wishes to dispose of two properties one to is children and one to sell. Is there any way that we can mitigate the first property for taxation if it
is willed to the members of his family. The second property can be mitigated as part of it can be classed as a business but there would be capital gains on the remainder. What can I mitigate? The properties are worth approximately £300,000 and they were purchased for £15,000.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

What tax are you looking to mitigate CGT or IHT or both?

Is either of the property his main home?

If so, is intending to continue to live in it?

What is your interest in this?

Can we have as much background detail as possible as to what he wants to achieve please? Thank you