How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1730
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. my question relates to AP1 and TR1

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** *****. my question relates to AP1 and TR1 forms with Land Registry.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A head lease was transferred from SOS Ltd to me in a property sale. The AP1 form says the value is £200,000. The TR1 form says it is not for money or monies worth. What does this mean?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


Could you confirm if you paid anything for the property?

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sublease (short lease) was acquired for £940k and the head lease was acquired by the vendor from SOS Ltd for £250k and then assigned to me. So the vendor paid for the freehold enfranchisement on my behalf.but the AP1 states the head lease was sold for a value of £200k (not the 250k) but the TR1 states it was 'not for money or monies worth'. The AP1 also states that the freehold was sold by SOS Ltd to a company Damond Investments (who are not mentioned in the contract). I am concerned the paperwork has been completed correctly but can't get a straight answer from the conveyance firm who did the sales conveyancing for me. Can you advise.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

I see that the previous expert hasopted out. I will try to help you.

This certainly looks most odd

When you say the you can’tget a straight answer from the conveyancing team, are they solicitors?

Have you actually ask them specificunambiguous straightforward questions.

Can you give me an example of what you’veasked, and what their reply is?

As much background detail as possibleis really useful please. Thank you

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?

Related UK Property Law Questions