UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Continuing from my previous question, as you suspected the…

Customer Question
Continuing from my previous question...
Continuing from my previous question, as you suspected the defendant has just sent me his witness statement and his own bundle of evidence. I do not know if these have been filed at court or not.My bundle has already gone off for delivery to the court as the Hearing is on Monday. I am just finishing my skeleton argument which must be delivered to the court by email today and of course this does not take into account this latest information.What should I do?Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
I have sent off the skeleton argument as is, as there was not enough time to look at his papers and still meet the deadline.My friend who delivered the hard copy of my bundle to the court at lunchtime today checked and they had not received ANY documents from the Defendant. Should I file a response to his witness statement now or leave it to my arguments on the day of Court (or something else)?Thank you
3/16/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate

Firstly you are correct that if you are not a party to the contract/bill it is not your responsibility. CCJ are not granted against an address but a person; although I am aware that other people have had this concern in the past. You are perfectly entitled to hold on to the deposit or part of a deposit until you are clear that all outstanding debts/liabilities have been met. Equally you are entitled to ask for a forwarding address from which to forward post on and the like. Happy to discuss

You have answered someone else's question....

oh I think there is a glitch

Is the glitch being fixed?

It is not unusual for papers to be mislaid in court. As such I would file a response to his witness statement. I think that would be the safest option from your perspective. If he actually has not filed with the court he will have to in any event need to apply to the court for relief from sanctions. I hope this helps. Please rate positive.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Sorry but that doesn't help much. Really need a barristers advice as this is a High Court of Justice matter and really important to get it right.