How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Continuing from my previous question, as you suspected the

Customer Question

Continuing from my previous question, as you suspected the defendant has just sent me his witness statement and his own bundle of evidence. I do not know if these have been filed at court or not.My bundle has already gone off for delivery to the court as the Hearing is on Monday. I am just finishing my skeleton argument which must be delivered to the court by email today and of course this does not take into account this latest information.What should I do?Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent off the skeleton argument as is, as there was not enough time to look at his papers and still meet the deadline.My friend who delivered the hard copy of my bundle to the court at lunchtime today checked and they had not received ANY documents from the Defendant. Should I file a response to his witness statement now or leave it to my arguments on the day of Court (or something else)?Thank you
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Firstly you are correct that if you are not a party to the contract/bill it is not your responsibility. CCJ are not granted against an address but a person; although I am aware that other people have had this concern in the past. You are perfectly entitled to hold on to the deposit or part of a deposit until you are clear that all outstanding debts/liabilities have been met. Equally you are entitled to ask for a forwarding address from which to forward post on and the like. Happy to discuss

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have answered someone else's question....
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

oh I think there is a glitch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the glitch being fixed?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

It is not unusual for papers to be mislaid in court. As such I would file a response to his witness statement. I think that would be the safest option from your perspective. If he actually has not filed with the court he will have to in any event need to apply to the court for relief from sanctions. I hope this helps. Please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but that doesn't help much. Really need a barristers advice as this is a High Court of Justice matter and really important to get it right.