UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Can you help to proof-read the following statement to make…

Customer Question
Can you help to proof-read...
Can you help to proof-read the following statement to make it legally valide in UK?
Unilateral statement
I , hereby, states that:
1. I waive title to the jointly-owned flat located in [location] whose titleholders are my former wife [name]and I.
2. Any disposition made by my former wife is legally valid and any profit obtained from the flat is her personal property. In accordance with the aforementioned statement (the article 1), I waive my right to oppose grant from this joint-ownership.
Name:
Signature:
Date:
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

May i ask what this document is meant to achieve?

Thanks Clare for help. This doc is for the wife to get all money if the flat is sold. The husband & wife cannot sell flat now since they are very busy. They also can't change flat registration since they can't get new mortgage. Thus, the husband is willing to sign such a statement to give up his part of the money. The husband understands that he still take responsibility if the wife can't pay mortgage.

For clarity - you wish to ensure that your wife can also sign documents on your behalf?

No. I sign myself.

So you do NOT wish her to be able to sell the property without your signature?

Sorry, let me rephrase: When she wants to sell, either she signs on my behalf or I sign is ok. We just need a promise from me for her. We'll be happier if it's simple.

Thank you for that - are you actually divorced?

the divorce process is almost done.

Is there going to be a Financial Settlement within the divorce proceedings?

This is the main part of the financial settlement

Will there be a Court Order so that no further claims can be made ?

no court order is involved
Can you kindly just proof read it?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.