How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34128
Experience:  25 years exeperience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a house daughter but we put her and her husbands

Customer Question

I bought a house for my daughter but we put her and her husbands name on the deed. The husband is happy to aign something to confirm that he has no intention of claiming any financial benefit from the property. is there a form of wording that covers this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We need a document for him to sign saying that he will not make any claim for any share of the property.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

There are two options

Since they are married they will need to have a Post Nuptial Agreement drawn up which confirms he will not make any claim on the property within a divorce.

Alternatively they could both sign a Declaration of Trust confirming that they hold the property on Trust for you leaving control within your hands

Please ask if you need further details


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you a template for the Post nuptial agreement (they haven been married 13 years) or a Declaration of Trust whereby he passes all ownership to my daughter - I don't want anything back only to ensure the property is hers.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

A post nuptial agreement MUST be drafted by a Solicitor if you wish it to be effective

A Declaration of Trust would not be a protection in the event of a divorce

Related UK Property Law Questions