How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6817
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out who owns the lease on my flat I

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to find out who owns the lease on my flat I think my landlord is subletting illegally
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No I haven't contacted a lawyer yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Property Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have found the flat on airbnb for weekends when I am not staying there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Which I think is illegal
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

You can obtain copies of the title documents to the property, both the freehold and any leasehold title(s) from the Land Registry.

It may be easier to get a local conveyancing solicitor to do this for you as they usually have an account with the Land Registry and can do so quickly and at a reasonably modest fee.

I hope this helps if there are any further points, please reply, I will be happy to respond

Best wishes


Related UK Property Law Questions