UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My son borrowed a large amount of money approximately

Customer Question
£400,000/- from my disabled wife's...
My son borrowed a large amount of money approximately £400,000/- from my disabled wife's trust account (originally set up for her care needs) to buy a property which he would later sell and return the money, he bought a commercial retail shop in his name over 5 years a go, we have nothing in writing but the money trail is there as proof, now he has had a dispute with his wife and she is claiming that she has a right on it, we need the money for my wife's care needs because she is paralysed and needs full time carers.
He is willing to return the money or property but his wife has put a claim on it through county court. My wife is paralysed chest down and is dependant on Carers 24/7, the money was originally from an insurance claim after a car accident,
What does the law say
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
2/15/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Was the loan documented?

Do you mean that his wife has made a claim within the financial side of the divorce?

The loan was not documented but it was agreed between my son and my two daughters who are trustees for my wife that the money he took was a loan and he would return it by selling the property and transferring the money back into the trust account or he would transfer the property to the trust, his wife had no part in this deal, she has now separated from him and is claiming that this property is part of his estate
his wife has made a claim n the financial side of the divorce
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.