UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I was made to sign a trust deed which I did not understand…

Customer Question
I was made to...

I was made to sign a trust deed which I did not understand and had no independent legal advice

Lawyer's Assistant: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

How can i revoke this it was only done a few hours ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

I signed a trust deed to hold shares of a property and also another to allocate shares to someone in another property

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Property Lawyer should know?

I want to cancel this

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
2/12/2016
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

Hi

What does the trust deed say please?

Who is the registered owner of the property?

Tom

The property is owned by my brother in law and he is giving me an apportionment of shares in the property to recompense what is owed to me

Okay.
What share were you intended to get in the property? What percentage?

What does the trust deed actually say?

Tom

50%
The trust deed stipulates that I will have 59 % share holding in ge property
I need to rescind it and it hasn't yet been registered

You are trying to rescind a document that gives you a greater interest in a property (59%) than was intended (50%). Correct?

I don't need a phone call
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.