UK Property Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
The land is subject to the following rights reserved by a
wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Partner
The land is subject to the following rights reserved by a Conveyance of the land in this title dated 30 June 1959 made between (1) Albert Philip Abbot and others (Vendors) and (2) Charles Edward Benson and Catherine Emma Benson (Purchasers):- "Except also and reserving unto the Vendors the boundary wall between the points marked "A" and "B" on the said plan which shall be and remain the property of the Vendors. Except and Reserving unto the Vendors and their successors in title owner or owners for the time being of the said adjoining properties and every part thereof all such rights and easements or quasi rights and quasi easements over the property hereby conveyed as may now be used or Title number DN183720 2 of 3 C: Charges Register continued enjoyed in connection with the said adjoining properties in like manner in either case as if such adjoining properties and the property hereby conveyed had hitherto belonged to different owners and such rights and easements or quasi rights and quasi easements had been acquired by prescription. Charges Register section … read more
there I need clarification on property register which states
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Hi there I need clarification on property register which states a neighbor is responsible for paying 1/2 of costs to repair driveway but charges register says only has to pay half for repair of common… read more
, I am currently in the process of buying a property. The
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
, I am currently in the process of buying a property. The current title deeds include a restriction on the "right to light" of the property. I would like to understand if it is possible to have this r… read more
I put a property up for Auction an I have just heard that it
Clare
Clare, Solicitor
I put a property up for Auction an I have just heard that it sold for £3k less than the mortgage outstanding. I have no funds to pay Auctioneer or solicitor. What will happen?… read more
I need wording that will protect a 10% deposit I am making
Clare
Clare, Solicitor
I need wording that will protect a 10% deposit I am making on the purchase of a property. I want to place it in the account of the sellers lawyers and for it to be returned if for any reason the sale … read more
My neighbour is transferring to me a piece of land (at no cost)
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
My neighbour is transferring to me a piece of land (at no cost) which he owns but is not registered with the Land Registry. He has a conveyance with a plan which includes this piece of land as evidenc… read more
I have legal documents from the land registry regarding my
wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Partner
I have legal documents from the land registry regarding my property and has restive covenants in two editions one in 2001 when I purchased the house and another version dated 1995. The 2001 version re… read more
can you sell an adverse possession property if the buyer is
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
can you sell an adverse possession property if the buyer is happy with this arrangemnt and knowing of no legal title i e just to sell as an interest/holding (or possible liability?/!)… read more
I live in a semi detached cottage next to a canal. Vehicular
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
I live in a semi detached cottage next to a canal. Vehicular access to my neighbours cottage is a lane through my garden. This right of way is noted in my title deeds (and, I assume in my neighbours) … read more
I have just enquired about a property in america, the realtor
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
I have just enquired about a property in america, the realtor said that it was "in escrwo available" can you please let me know what this means and if it could still be purchased? many thanks… read more
my property does not appear to be registered at the land registry
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
my property does not appear to be registered at the land registry office, although, i have the conveyance documents, how do i get the property registered, it is not registered to anyone else… read more
A wall on a right of way path to my house has collapsed, its
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
A wall on a right of way path to my house has collapsed, it's not within the boundry on the land registry but it is mentioned in the conveyance, is there any way I can email the doc's for someone to l… read more
X council house bought through nephews name as he had full
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
X council house bought through nephews name as he had full discount, signed a document for proof with solicitor at that time, solicitor has since retired, nephew has passed away leaving all assets to … read more
Help, I am in the middle of purchsing a property that has a
Claire D
Claire D, Solicitor
Help, I am in the middle of purchsing a property that has a garage in a block. Back in Aug this year my solicitors noticed that there was no mention in the title deeds of the garage. So the vendors we… read more
Hi, we are in the process of buying a top floor freehold flat
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
Hi, we are in the process of buying a top floor freehold flat which is one of a block of 5. My solicitor has raised a concern with me re: who holds the freehold to the rest of the building as she can … read more
What can we do if our neighbour has blocked our right of way
Tulkinghorn
Tulkinghorn, Bachelor's Degree
What can we do if our neighbour has blocked our right of way (with easement) by erecting gates over land that he owns by title? Also, the gates are erected partly on our land (by half to one metre bre… read more
I HAVE PAID A COMPANY IN LONDON WHICH IS STILL TRADING, FOR
Mike GS
Mike GS, 35 years experience English Solicit
I HAVE PAID A COMPANY IN LONDON WHICH IS STILL TRADING, FOR LAND AND I GOT WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM THEIR SOLICITORS ,HAVING SIGNED THE NECESSARY TRANSFER DOCUMENTS , THAT I WOULD BE GETTING MY TITLE… read more
I have just purchased a house from the estate of a deceased
Mike GS
I have just purchased a house from the estate of a deceased person with a form of solicitors acting as executors. the house was empty for a year with no heating and the water supply left on. After exc… read more