How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a joint tenancy agreement with my partner. we broke

Customer Question

I signed a joint tenancy agreement with my partner. we broke up and i would like to move out. the contract states that i can transfer the tenancy to someone else but the other tenant needs to agree and sign the transfer agreement. My ex partner is not willing to sign this agreement and will not let me out of the tenancy agreement. what can I do to break the contract without incurring in legal actions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. As yourex partner said why she is not willing to sign the agreement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said that he's not willing to share the flat with a complete stranger he cannot trust, although he knows this would be temporary because he also said he is likely to move out too after the months break clause (which is at the end of March), but not sure when.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I' on my way back from court, so I may not be able to answer you straight away. I will be back later on and won't be too long if you don't mind waiting until then for me to get back to you. Thanks and there is no need to reply to this message.

Related UK Property Law Questions