UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I signed a joint tenancy agreement with my partner. we broke…

Customer Question
I signed a joint tenancy...
I signed a joint tenancy agreement with my partner. we broke up and i would like to move out. the contract states that i can transfer the tenancy to someone else but the other tenant needs to agree and sign the transfer agreement. My ex partner is not willing to sign this agreement and will not let me out of the tenancy agreement. what can I do to break the contract without incurring in legal actions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
2/3/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello. As yourex partner said why she is not willing to sign the agreement.

Hello.
He said that he's not willing to share the flat with a complete stranger he cannot trust, although he knows this would be temporary because he also said he is likely to move out too after the months break clause (which is at the end of March), but not sure when.

Hello. I' on my way back from court, so I may not be able to answer you straight away. I will be back later on and won't be too long if you don't mind waiting until then for me to get back to you. Thanks and there is no need to reply to this message.