UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I have a short hold tenancy agreement. My tenants vacated…

Customer Question
I have a short hold...
I have a short hold tenancy agreement. My tenants vacated the property after 4 months owing 2 months rent and the associated council tax.
They were unhappy on a number of fronts and are taking me to court to retrieve their removal expenses, new tenancy agreements and deposit on their new property. I want to know what my position is in respect of the unpaid rent and the binding of the tenancy agreement.
Their concerns are due to a faulty underfloor heating system and an over exaggeration of minor issues within the property, for example the appearance of a patch of damp on a porch step. They claimed I never intended to fix the problems they identified and I had instructed workmen to do the minimum. ( all of course I dispute)
There is a wood burning stove which provides good heating and they were offered heaters whilst the system was attended to by a specialist engineer.
They claimed that I was not helpful despite them having direct person contact with my specialist heating engineer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
2/1/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.