UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Why are you charging me in dollars if my property and I, we…

Customer Question
Why are you charging me...
Why are you charging me in dollars if my property and I , we are both in the uk?
Last June i bought a property with a shop underneath that has a fire exit at the back into a small road and a coach house facing the road.
People are dumping rubbish in the small road and I called the council to remove it. They told me they do not own the bit of road and this morning again I call the enforcement team that confirm that is the case, after they checked with the land register. There are 4/5 properties facing the bit of road. So how can I register my interest on the land ? what should i do? thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
1/19/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

You will need to check either with your conveyancing solicitor or the Land Registry as to the ownership of this piece of land. It should have come up as an enquiry when you purchased the property. It may be that the land is unadopted and thus owned by someone else. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.