UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

I own a house in muswell ll London and would like to know if…

Customer Question
Hello. I own a house...
Hello. I own a house in muswell hill London and would like to know if there are any leins on the property. I reside in the usa
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
1/15/2016
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

Hi

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

You have to check the title register for your property.

You can download a copy of the register for your property from the land registry's search engine to find the title number :-

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search

Enter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register.

Once you have downloaded a copy of the register if there are any charges/liens registered against the property then they will be noted as either a “restriction” or a “notice” in the “B: Property Register” or “C:Charges Register”.

If there is nothing on the title then there are no charges against the property.

If there are charges then the entries on the register will tell you who has the benefit of the charges.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Solicitor: Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate