How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dispute with a landlord about my deposit. Landlord

Customer Question

I have a dispute with a landlord about my deposit. Landlord sold the apartment and new landlord will take over from 5th of January, 2016. I paid my rent only till 5th of January as I believe the rest of my January rent will due to a new landlord. However, my existing landlords requesting a full month rent or she will deduct the money from my deposit. I paid until the 5th of January and I believe I will end up paying double rent because my existing landlord does not want to provide any guarantee that I will not be required to pay again for the rest of January to the new landlord. I have many emails back and forth asking to assure me that I will not be paying double rent for the January but she refusing. In her final email she threatening me to deduct the money from my deposit. It does not seem right but what can I do? Can you please get back to me. The property located in Dagenham near London. My email is:***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pleas read my original message. I think I explained what I need. Regards, Asta.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

yes, so what is your question about this?