How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of doing a rear extension on a house we

Customer Question

I am in the process of doing a rear extension on a house we bought recently. Our plans were to build the rear extension solely on our side of the boundary, marked by the garden fence. It's a semi detached, and the boundary line can also be noted by the different external rendering of the 2 houses on the rear.
Party wall notices were sent out and agreed with by the neighbor. The 2 houses did undergo 35 years ago, a double storey extension built at the same time.
Looking at the old architectural plans, there were a type b party wall on the extension setup solely on our side of the building, this wall is also set 10-15 cm from the boundary line on our side. The neighbours has a sewage pipe, that from the outside looks like it is coming out of our property. They have since requested that we start building the wall from the drain. My preference will be to build closer to the boundary line and our wall is not high enough to touch their pipe. Who has the rights here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must add, I'm in the UK