How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6307
Experience:  Over 10 years experience of UK law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
taratill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a private landlord. A council printed an article about

Customer Question

I am a private landlord. A council printed an article about me labelling me a rogue landlord and upon challenging them in court , they then dropped the case. Can I sue them for defamation of character, injury to feelings, loss of reputation or any other thing. My email is***@******.*** thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you suffered a financial loss as a result of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a £3000 fine imposed on me which I assume will be struck off if the court case does not proceed.
I was bullied into making changes to the property at my expense , I lost rental income as a result of their orders , I paid fines imposed by them, I paid for repairs they carried out in my absence and my permission , as they obtained a court order without my knowledge as I was living abroad. They then made racist and obscene remarks about my professionalism , some which I have in email as evidence.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is a bit out of my remit so I will opt out for others to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no response to my questions since your last message.

Related UK Property Law Questions