How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a property that has Lpa receivers appointed on it due

Customer Question

Hi i have a property that has Lpa receivers appointed on it due to service charge arrears that the lenders have paid on my behalf. i am not in mortgage arrears so i wish to get recievers removed and pay the arrears or even sell the property myself and pay the debt completely. how do i do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is***** will assist you. Have you asked the receivers for a statement or account in order to have them removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your reply.
What kind of statement or account am i supposed to ask for? They wont easily remove themselves. what steps do i take to remove them and get my property back?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you. If you have repaid the arrears in full you can apply to court to have the lpa removed. In order to do this you have to know what the arrears are - has your bank indicated that they would be prepared to remove the receiver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lender will not take payment anymore they said to deal with receiver direct. Receiver will sell property on my behalf and pay lender and cover all costs but end of it i may get noting. I wish to remove receivers and sell property myself as i have buyers that way i dont need pay all the costs and end up more a bit more money. Iam a single mother the property rental income is my means of living. I have never been in mortgage arrears for service arrears i refuse to let me property go. There was mis communcation by the service charge company they sent letters to wrong address therefore i never received it. How can i grant a stay over the recievers inorder to get power to sell the property? do i need to apply to court if so how? Would you be able to tell me which kind of applications to make.
Or should i get solicitor to write to the lender with a offer or arrangement and tell them to remove the receiver. They do not have a court order or a judgement against me so i cant set aside judgement if there is no judgement so please help me how do i remove them?

Related UK Property Law Questions