How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if the landowner on which my property is part

Customer Question

What can I do if the landowner on which my property is part of, will not accept any communication from my solicitors or myself regarding acknowledging a restricted covenant her solicitors set up regarding access, now that I am selling my freehold house to new owners ? Apparently she needs to ackniwledge that there will be new names on a restrictive access covenant but will not respond to any communication , my solicitor tells me this is a deal breaker and I can not sell the house unless she acknowledges that new people will be on the covenant ? It is to do with a shared driveway and no access must be blocked by either parties but she will not correspond as she says she has no memory of this being set up. Our solicitors do not believe there is any other way to sort this out, but surely we cannot be forced to live in a house forever because of this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm not sure I understand the point - are the buyers required to enter into a direct Deed of Covenant with the neighbour, under which they agree to follow the covenants? Best, WB