How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33038
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have had our drive straighten 16 years ago having a foot

Customer Question

We have had our drive straighten 16 years ago having a foot of our neibours drive. They had a foot to straighten the side entrance so a verb able agreement was set. Now 16 yrs on they have decided to reclaim their front foot of drive. Do we have any rights to stop them
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

Strictly speaking a transfer of land needs to be set out in writing - however if you have set this out as an agreement all this time ago I would be minded to get a solicitors letter sent to them setting out that you agreed a contract and the land was exchanged. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks