Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My neighbour has painted s side of my front garden wall

Customer Question

My neighbour has painted his side of my front garden wall which is on my land. It now requires repair and repainting which I wish to be carried out. What is my legal position .
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

The legal position is that it is not for him to paint your side of the wall if it is on your property - you should invite hi to make good or there is a potential claim against him for trespass and damages - basically the cost to make good. This can be resolved through the small claims court. I would suggest a letter to attempt to resolve. Please rate positive.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't want him to make good because I know what that will be like going by his own efforts. What I want as I original said is to have access so that my builder can repair and paint it.

If the wall is on your land as you state then you are entitled to paint the wall in the way in which you choose. happy to discuss - please rate positive

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks