Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I wondered if you can help. I acquired the housing

Customer Question

I wondered if you can help. I acquired the housing association property under the right to acquire scheme and I was given a £16k which I am aware I have to pay back on a reducing scale if I sell within 5 years.
However it is coming to 2 years and I want to move out of the flat about buy a house but I don't intent to sell it. What I want to do is remortgage the the flat to a Buy to Let and rent it out.
I was reading through my lease and stumbled across this statement in clause 4.16 "not to assign underlet mortgage charge or part with possession of part only of the premise"
Does this mean I will be in breach of my leaseholder covenant if I remortgage from a residential mortgage to a buy to let?
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your enquiry. Sorry for the delay- I have had problems with my computer.

I am happy to chat to you, if you would like.

Kind Regards

Al