How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  25 years exeperience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Clare - I need a little more advice, suddenly out of the

Customer Question

Hi Clare - I need a little more advice, suddenly out of the blue, my ex wife wishes to lower the sale price of a house we both have conduct of selling. However, I am not in agreement, would she need to go back to court to get this enforced? Also, is there a chance if I don't agree, I will be asked to pay her costs for requesting the court to action this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


How long has the house been on the market and how much does she wish to reduce the price to - and why do you not agree?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house been on the market since February, and we had two offers for around £175k. She rejected both offers, one was a cash buyer. At that time, I was keen to sell as I was paying the mortgage. Now I have tenants, I can hold out for a higher price. The property was valued at £185k, and prior to getting your advice before in regards ***** ***** a new case against her dad who claimed £10k more than the evidence stated in the original case. Therefore, by going too low, it would mean, I would gain nothing from the house. I am still liable (alone) for CGT on this house. So hence, I would like to get a higher price to cover some of my debt.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do the estate agents believe that the sale price is achievable?

Related UK Property Law Questions